Magazines — Business Innovation — Canada Periodical Fund
The Business Innovation component of the Canada Periodical Fund (CPF) provides financial support to eligible small- and mid-sized print and digital magazine publishers. This component of the CPF encourages innovation to adapt to changing market conditions and contributes to the diversity of content sought by Canadian readers.
Who can apply
Eligible publishing firms
To be eligible for funding, your publishing firm and any affiliated companies must meet all of the following requirements:
- be majority owned and controlled by Canadians
- be private-sector entities, including corporations, not-for-profit organizations, partnerships and sole proprietorships (Note: All applicants, including for start-up projects, must have a Business Number [BN])
- have their principal place of business in Canada
Print magazines only:
- The total average circulation for the magazine during the 12-month reporting period cannot exceed 100,000 copies per issue
- The maximum total revenue for any digital periodical cannot exceed $500,000
Full eligibility criteria for publications are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
The Business Innovation component can provide up to $10,000 in start-up funding to help aspiring or emerging publishers plan, launch or further develop a digital-only periodical.
Full Eligibility criteria for start-up projects are detailed in the Application Guidelines.
The deadline to submit a funding application for projects starting in the 2023-2024 fiscal year is September 15, 2023, 11:59 pm (local time).
When an application deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or statutory holiday, it is extended to the following working day.
How to apply
Applicants are required to:
- review the Application Guidelines carefully, including the definitions to ensure all criteria are met
- create or access a Canadian Heritage Funding Portal account and apply online for CPF – Business Innovation – Magazines
- provide all supporting documents, as detailed in the Application Guidelines
- ensure that the application form bears the applicant’s original signature
Canada Periodical Fund
Department of Canadian Heritage
25 Eddy St, 25-8-U
Gatineau QC J8X 4B5
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Project officers are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Eastern time)
- Date modified: