While you are here
90 Wellington Street
Daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- January 1
- December 25
- December 26
Weekdays: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Toll free: 1-844-878-8333
Take advantage of the range of services and facilities available to help you make the most of your visit to Canada's Capital.
Start your visit at the Capital Information Kiosk! You'll find a complete range of services and tools to help you plan your visit to Ottawa and Gatineau.
The Capital Information Kiosk is the Capital's main tourist office. It is located in downtown Ottawa, across from Parliament Hill.
- Information about Capital attractions
- Help with itinerary planning
- Free maps, brochures and self-guided walking tours
- Telephone Station for Reserving Accommodations
- Museum passports ($)
- The World Exchange Plaza, located at 45 O’Connor Street, is the nearest underground parking to the visitors centre. The entrances are on Metcalfe and Queen streets.
- Parking restrictions are strictly enforced at all times. However, free parking is available on weekends.
Roving Information Officers
Let us come to you! We have roving information officers at key tourist areas in downtown Ottawa and Gatineau who are ready to help you. They’re easy to spot: look for the navy blue uniform with the white question mark on the back.
Each roving information officer is equipped with an electronic tablet and is ready to provide information, orientation and interpretation services.
- National War Memorial
- Parliament Hill
- Confederation Boulevard (Elgin, Wellington Street and Mackenzie Avenue in Ottawa; Boulevard des Allumettières in Gatineau)
Mid-May to Labour Day
Wayfinding and Discovery Tools
Go to the heart of Canada’s Capital by visiting Confederation Boulevard, the Capital’s ceremonial and discovery route. You’ll find many interpretive tools along this route, including
- bronze three-dimensional map models at key points along Confederation Boulevard, and
- info-map columns at intervals along the route.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: