Video gallery ̶ Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI)
CCI videos deal with topics of interest to those who care for cultural objects as well as those with a general interest in the activities taking place at CCI. The videos not only offer practical advice about issues and questions related to the care, handling and storage of cultural objects, but also offer a behind-the-scenes look at select conservation treatments, in a captive, digital format. Check back often for additions to this ever-expanding video series.
Most recent videos
- Monitoring your environment
- The use of commercial paints in museums
- Risk management webcast part 1: Why risk-based decision making?
- Risk management webcast part 2: Why the value pie?
- Risk management webcast part 3: Cost, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness
- Risk management webcast part 4: Frameworks, maps, tools and patterns
These videos are related to CCI Notes.
- A conservator’s guide to preparing solutions
- Framing a panel painting
- Time-lapse photography of several silver compounds forming in alkaline solutions
- Time-lapse photography of silver chloride forming in acid solutions
- How to make and use precipitated calcium carbonate silver polish
- Testing blue wool for sulfur
These videos are related to CCI learning resources.
- Flash rusting of four archaeological iron nails
- Flash rusting of four water drops on iron
- Flash rusting on an iron blade
- Time-lapse photography of silver tarnishing from exposure to eggs
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: