Video gallery – Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI)
CCI videos deal with topics of interest to those who care for cultural objects as well as those with a general interest in the activities taking place at CCI. The videos not only offer practical advice about issues and questions related to the care, handling and storage of cultural objects, but also offer a behind-the-scenes look at select conservation treatments, in a captive, digital format. Check back often for additions to this ever-expanding video series.
Most recent videos
Who we are
- Facility Assessments
- Monitoring Your Environment
- Risk Management Webcast Part 1: Why Risk-based Decision Making?
- Risk Management Webcast Part 2: Why the Value Pie?
- Risk Management Webcast Part 3: Cost, Effectiveness and Cost-effectiveness
- Risk Management Webcast Part 4: Frameworks, Maps, Tools and Patterns
- The Use of Commercial Paints in Museums
These videos are related to CCI Notes.
- A Conservator's Guide to Preparing Solutions
- Framing a Panel Painting
- How to Make and Use Precipitated Calcium Carbonate Silver Polish
- Stitches Used in Textile Conservation
- Testing Blue Wool for Sulfur
- Time-lapse Photography of Several Silver Compounds Forming in Alkaline Solutions
- Time-lapse Photography of Silver Chloride Forming in Acid Solutions
These videos are related to CCI learning resources.
- Flash Rusting of Four Archaeological Iron Nails
- Flash Rusting of Four Water Drops on Iron
- Flash Rusting on an Iron Blade
- Identifying Acetate Base Audio Reels
- Identifying Audio Reels with Binder Hydrolysis
- Labelling CDs
- Time-lapse Photography of Galvanic Corrosion on an Iron Nail
- Time-lapse Photography of Silver Tarnishing from Exposure to Eggs
- History of the Marseille Petticoat
- The Salzinnes Antiphonal – Part 1: Examination and Technical Analysis
- The Salzinnes Antiphonal – Part 2: Conservation Treatment of the Textblock
- The Salzinnes Antiphonal – Part 3: Conservation Treatment of the Binding
- Treatment of the Marseille Petticoat
Conservation science projects
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: