DAOD 3012-0, Food Services
Date of Issue: 2002-06-18
Application: This is an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF members) and a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence (DND).
Approval Authority: This DAOD is issued under the authority of the Assistant Deputy Minister (Materiel) (ADM[Mat]).
Enquiries: Director Logistics Business Management/Food Services (DLBM/Food S)
CF food services (services d'alimentation des FC)
CF Food Services means the organization of personnel and resources in units and other elements that provides food services to CAF members and others.
3.1 The DND and the CAF provide food services in static and operational settings, in domestic and foreign locations, using CAF members, DND employees and other civilian and contract personnel.
3.2 The DND and the CAF shall provide cost efficient and effective food services that support the mission that they must fulfill, and that meet the expectations of clients as to quality, choice, value, nutrition and service.
3.3 The DND and the CAF shall:
- offer quality food services that are timely, convenient, consistent and responsive to the requirements of clients;
- provide food choices that enable diners to meet the guidelines set out in Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating;
- ensure that CAF members serving in the CF Food Services achieve and maintain the occupational skills to meet operational readiness requirements;
- implement standards, performance measurement and reporting systems that support the policy;
- implement systems that:
- improve operational support readiness,
- improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation of food services, and
- promote the economy of, and accountability for, resources used for food services;
- and use available surplus capacity in food services to support DND and CAF policies, and offset the fixed costs of the operation of food services.
4.1 The following table identifies the authorities responsible for implementing this policy.
|The ...||has/have authority to ...|
environmental chiefs of staff, group principals, formation, base and wing commanders, and unit commanding officers
Acts, Regulations, Central Agency Policies and Policy DAOD
- Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- QR&O 36.35, Entitlement to Rations
- B-GS-055-000/AG-001, Provision of Services to Non-Defence Agencies
- Shaping the Future of the Canadian Forces: A Strategy for 2020
- Defence Planning Guidance 1999, Chapter 5, Performance Measurement
A-85-269-001/FP-001, Food Services Direction and Guidance Manual
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: