DAOD 4007-0, Fire Protection Services
Table of Contents
Date of Issue: 1998-05-29
Date of Modification: 2009-07-24
Application: This is a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence ("DND employees") and an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Forces ("CF members").
Supersession: CFAO 30-1, Fire Protection Services
Approval Authority: Assistant Deputy Minister (Infrastructure and Environment) (ADM(IE))
Enquiries: Canadian Forces Fire Marshal (CFFM)
emergency fire operations (mesures d'urgence de lutte contre les incendies)
Emergency fire operations mean rescue, fire suppression, emergency medical care and other operations performed at the scene of a fire in respect of DND or CF infrastructure.
Infrastructure means fixed and permanent installations, fabrications and facilities, including plants, buildings, works, real property, immoveables, and natural and cultural environments.
life safety (sécurité des personnes)
Life safety means the protection of persons exposed to specific hazards from fire or the design or maintenance of buildings or other structures.
The DND and the CF are required to protect their infrastructure, personnel and equipment from fire risks and ensure that life safety and health standards are enforced in accordance with the:
- Canada Labour Code, Part II, Occupational Health and Safety;
- Policy on Fire Protection, Investigation and Reporting of the Treasury Board; and
- QR&O Chapter 30, Fire Protection Services.
The DND and the CF shall:
- maintain adequate fire protection services to protect lives and DND and CF infrastructure; and
- meet or exceed national codes and regulations for fire protection services, if feasible, and municipal, provincial and international codes and regulations, if deemed appropriate by the CFFM.
The fire protection services framework shall include:
- technical expertise to monitor fire and life safety code compliance in project design;
- an effective fire prevention, inspection and education program;
- the investigation and report of all fire-related incidents; and
- adequate fire protection equipment and qualified personnel to respond to emergency fire operations.
The following table identifies the authorities associated with this DAOD:
|The ...||has or have the authority to ...|
|Commanders of commands||
- Canada Labour Code, Part II, Occupational Health and Safety
- Fire Protection Standard, Treasury Board
- QR&O 30, Fire Protection Services
- National Fire Code of Canada
- National Building Code of Canada
- DAOD 4007-1, Fire or Incident Reporting and Investigating
- DAOD 4007-2, Emergency Fire Operations in Respect of DND and CF Infrastructure
- National Fire Protection Association Publications
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: