DAOD 5005-0, Civilian Human Resources Management
Date of Issue: 2003-02-28
Application: This is a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence (DND) and an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF members) who act as managers of DND employees.
- CPAO 1.00, Legislative and Executive Framework for Civilian Personnel Management and Administration
- CPAO 1.02, Civilian Personnel Administration
Approval Authority: This DAOD is issued under the authority of the Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources - Civilian) (ADM(HR - Civ)).
Enquiries: ADM(HR - Civ) Chief of Staff (COS)
2.1 Accountability for civilian human resources management is shared among ADM(HR - Civ) and other senior managers as set out in the Defence Plan On-Line, managers and supervisors.
2.2 Organizations to whom the Deputy Minister has sub-delegated civilian human resources authorities (e.g., Special Operating Agencies) are governed by the terms and conditions of their specific delegation instrument and accountability agreement.
2.3 The DND and the CAF are committed to:
- a cohesive, coherent, integrated and client-service-oriented approach to civilian human resources management; and
- a consistent application of civilian human resources functions.
2.4 The DND and the CAF shall ensure the following:
- the alignment of civilian human resources management plans, policies and programs with departmental priorities and operational needs;
- a governance structure that defines civilian human resources management roles, responsibilities and accountabilities in DND and the CAF;
- functional direction that informs senior managers in the execution of their civilian human resources management responsibilities;
- coordination mechanisms to ensure appropriate planning and execution of policies and programs;
- communication mechanisms to promote full consultation on a wide range of civilian human resources management issues to be responsive to the requirements of senior managers and maintain positive labour-management and employee relations; and
- the measurement of DND and CAF performance in civilian human resources management.
3.1 The following table identifies the authorities for civilian human resources management:
|The ...||has/have the authority to ...|
ADM(HR - Civ)
ADM(HR - Civ ) in conjunction with the Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources - Military) (ADM(HR - Mil))
direct the management of their human resources to meet their business needs in accordance with delegated authority and ADM(HR - Civ) functional direction.
Acts, Regulations, Central Agency Policies and Policy DAOD
- DAOD 5005-1, Governance of Civilian Human Resources Management
- DAOD 5012-0, Harassment Prevention and Resolution
- DAOD 5039-0, Official Languages
- DAOD 5039-4, Translation of Texts and Acquisition of Bilingual Documentation
- ADM(HR - Civ) Functional Plan
- Civilian Human Resources Management Performance Measurement Framework
- Delegation of Authorities for Civilian Human Resources Management for DND and the CF
- Regulations, policies and directives of central agencies
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: