DAOD 5027-0, Recognition
Date of Issue: 2008-05-16
Application: This DAOD is a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence (DND employees) and an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF members).
- CPAO 2.24, Incentive Award Plan
- CPAO 2.34, Special Department Award Program
- CFAO 99.2, Incentive Award Plan
- Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources (Civilian)) (ADM(HR-Civ))
- Chief of Military Personnel (CMP)
Enquiries: Director Diversity and Well-Being (DDWB)
Recognition has the same meaning as in the Recognition Policy of the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat.
3.1 Employee recognition is a cornerstone of good human resources (HR) management and a key component in creating workplace well-being.
3.2 Recognition of achievement is essential as it highlights exemplary qualities that are vital to the organization's success, including:
- dedication; and
3.3 Firmly believing that their greatest strength is their people, the DND and the CAF are committed to recognizing the significant contribution that DND employees and CAF members make to Canadian society through:
- the excellence of their work;
- their exemplary behaviour; and
- the positive results they achieve.
3.4 The DND and the CAF shall:
- develop and implement a corporate Awards and Recognition Program (ARP);
- establish a system to promote the corporate ARP and monitor its effectiveness;
- allocate funds in business plans for recognition; and
- provide managers and supervisors with training and guidance in respect of employee recognition.
4.1 The following table identifies the authorities associated with this DAOD:
|The …||has or have the authority to …|
Deputy Minister and the Chief of the Defence Staff
Level 1 Advisors
Acts, Regulations, Central Agency Policies and Policy DAOD
- Financial Administration Act
- Public Service Employment Act
- Recognition Policy, Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Delegation of Authorities for Financial Administration for the Department of National Defence (DND) and the Canadian Forces (CF)
- Financial Administration Manual, Department of National Defence
- DAOD 5027-1, Awards and Recognition Program
- Questions and Answers on Recognition, Canada Public Service Agency
- DND Awards and Recognition website
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: