DAOD 5031-0, Learning and Professional Development
Date of Issue: 2003-01-31
Application: This is a directive that applies to employees of the Department of National Defence (DND) and an order that applies to officers and non-commissioned members of the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF members).
Supersession: DAOD 5038-0, Professional Development
- Assistant Deputy Minister (Human Resources - Civilian) (ADM(HR-Civ)); and
- Chief of Military Personnel (CMP).
- Director Learning and Professional Development Strategies and Policies (DLPDSP) for DND civilian learning and professional development.
- Director Training and Education Policy (DTEP) for professional development of CF members, other than collective training and adventure training.
- Director of Staff, Strategic Joint Staff (DOS SJS) for CF collective training and adventure training.
2.1 The DND and the CAF are committed to providing DND employees and CAF members with the learning and professional development necessary to support the mission to defend Canada and Canadian interests.
Common DND and CAF Requirements
2.2 Learning and professional development are planned, managed and coordinated to support the mission of DND and the CAF.
2.3 Learning and professional development respond to strategic guidance in the annual Defence Plan.
2.4 DND employees and CAF members share responsibility for their learning and professional development with their superiors.
3.1 The following table identifies the authorities responsible for implementing the policy:
|The …||has the authority to …|
Acts, Regulations, Central Agency Policies and Policy DAOD
- DAOD 5031-1, Canadian Forces Military Equivalencies Program
- DAOD 5031-7, Initial Baccalaureate Degree Programme
- DAOD 5031-10, Adventure Training
- Canadian Joint Task List
- Manual of Individual Training and Education, A-P9-050 publication series
- DND Human Resources Accountability Model Framework: Focus on Learning and Professional Development
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: