Military funeral and burial benefit
From: National Defence
The executer of the estate of a deceased Canadian Armed Forces member may be reimbursed funeral and burial costs.
Who is eligible
You may be eligible if the deceased member was either:
- a member of the Regular Force or Reserve Force who died while on paid service
- on parental or maternity Leave Without Pay (LWOP)
You are not eligible if the deceased member:
- died while on Leave without Pay (LWOP), other than maternity or parental leave
- was absent without authority for 21 days or longer, unless the Chief of Defence Staff made an exception under special situations
Contact us for help
To get more information, visit your local transition centre or contact the Canadian Armed Forces Transition Group.
- Canada wide toll free: 1-800-883-6094
- National Capital Region: 613-995-1457
- Worldwide via the Military network: CSN 995-1457
- TTY/TDD: 1-800-467-9877
Contact a representative Monday to Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Eastern Standard Time. Our service standard is same day or next business day. All calls are confidential.
Guides and help
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: