Contact the Minister
- Answers to your general questions about the Department of National Defence (DND)/Canadian Armed Forces (CAF)
- Public inquiries contact
- Military pay, pension and benefits
- Health, support and casualty services
- Request military records and service files
- Helpful links and support for CAF Veterans and transitioning members
- National Defence and Canadian Armed Forces Ombudsman
The Minister of National Defence greatly values the thoughts and suggestions of Canadians. You may write, fax, or fill out the electronic form below. Please be assured that although the Minister cannot respond personally to every message, all inquiries, comments and suggestions are carefully reviewed.
Important: For reasons of security and privacy, we ask you not to send personal or confidential information, such as your social insurance number or departmentally assigned case or file numbers. For more information, please view the Privacy Notice in the Terms and Conditions section.
In accordance with the Privacy Act, the Department of National Defence may not disclose personal information to third parties, including family members, without the consent of the person concerned.
To obtain personal information belonging to someone else, you must submit his or her written consent. The authorization must be signed and dated by the person giving the consent.
Download Consent Form (PDF, 22.4 KB)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: