Remembrance Day | 14. Remove headdress
- The order to remove headdress is customarily given on such occasions as outdoor church parades, during the consecration of Colours and whenever it is desirable to honour a dignitary by giving three cheers.
- When ordered, all ranks on parade shall remove their headdress with the exception of:
- adherents of faiths for whom this is not permitted or acceptable (e.g., Sikhs);
- musicians when on parade with instruments; and
- when ordered in connection with a religious event, it is optional for members to remove or retain his or her headdress in accordance with his or her belief.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: