Evaluation of the Sectoral Initiatives Program Summary
Evaluation of the Sectoral Initiatives Program
April 2011 to March 2017
The Program helps increase labour market efficiency in key sectors of the Canadian economy. It provides funding to organizations that create and distribute sector-based products to identify and address human resource needs, as well as skills gaps and mismatches between employers and employees.
- Funding recipients engaged 12,923 stakeholders in 2015-2016, including:
- 10,630 employers
- 697 employer associations
- 487 learning institutions
- 57 other Government of Canada departments or agencies
- The Program is making a contribution:
- Across sectors, 3,126 new certifications were granted from 2013-2014 to 2015-2016.
- Barriers to product uptake for some sectors and groups.
- Limits to data collection were identified, particularly for longer-term outcomes.
- Explore ways to encourage funding recipients to strengthen product outreach and dissemination.
- Explore ways to improve performance measurement and increase data validity while minimizing the burden on funding recipients.
The full Evaluation of the Sectoral Initiatives Program is available on Employment and Social Development Canada’s website.
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: