Office for Client Satisfaction
The Office for Client Satisfaction (OCS) is a neutral organization that receives, reviews and responds to suggestions, compliments and complaints about Service Canada’s delivery of services. The OCS is an essential part of Service Canada’s commitment to providing fair, open and transparent client service.
In the case of a complaint, and whenever possible, you should first try to resolve the issue(s) with the responsible Service Canada representative or manager, before contacting the OCS.
The OCS ensures that your concern is:
- acknowledged personally within 24 hours of receipt;
- given proper attention;
- treated fairly; and
- addressed within seven working days (in most cases).
The services offered by the OCS are free of charge, but must be focused on programs or services delivered by Service Canada.
The OCS follows three guiding principles:
- We strive to be prompt and efficient to gain and retain the confidence of Canadians.
- Thorough and impartial review
- We review every detail of each case thoroughly and impartially to get a full understanding of the issue at hand.
- Personalized attention
- We give each case the personal attention it deserves.
When OCS receives your complaint:
- an OCS enquiries resolution officer will call you within 24 hours to confirm we have received it; and
- we will review key aspects of the complaint.
If more information is required, we will contact you.
Within seven business days, the OCS (or an authorized Service Canada representative) will contact you with a full report of our impartial review.
If the seven-day timeframe cannot be met, we will contact you and keep you informed on a regular basis about the status of the review and when you can expect a full response.
The OCS uses the feedback it receives to inform Service Canada regularly about how it can improve services. Your suggestions, compliments and complaints have a direct influence on Service Canada’s day-to-day operations.
Limitations to OCS services
Before deciding to contact us, keep in mind some of our limitations. The OCS is not in a position to:
- assist you with the reconsideration or appeals processes for decisions that relate to Employment Insurance, the Canada Pension Plan or the Old Age Security Program;
- speed up or influence in any way the application or payment process for a Service Canada program on your behalf;
- assist you with or make enquiries on your behalf regarding any other process for programs or services offered by other federal government departments, or provincial or municipal governments. The OCS is strictly focused on programs and services delivered by Service Canada.
Submit your feedback
The Office for Client Satisfaction (OCS) accepts feedback related to Service Canada.
Any information provided to the OCS is handled with the utmost confidentiality and will not affect the status of the person providing the feedback. The information provided to this office is managed and held in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Access to Information Act . The feedback is used to resolve client issues and is used anonymously in reports and recommendations made by the OCS to Service Canada for service delivery improvement.
Telephone: 1-866-506-6806 (toll-free)
TTY: 1-866-506-6803 (toll-free)
Fax: 1-866-506-6802 (toll-free)
Mail: Office for Client Satisfaction
140 Promenade du Portage
Floor 3, Mail Drop 318
Gatineau, QC K1A 0J9
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: