InfoCapsule 6: Application form for the CDSG and the CDSB
Disclaimer: RDSP issuers
The information contained on this page is technical in nature and is intended for Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP), Canada Disability Savings Grant (CDSG) and Canada Disability Savings Bond (CDSB) issuers. For general information, visit the RDSP section.
Consult this page frequently for newer versions. The following laws and regulations take precedence over information contained in InfoCapsules in the event of discrepancies:
- Income Tax Act
- Canada Disability Savings Act
- Canada Disability Savings Regulations
To request the Canada Disability Savings Grant (CDSG) and the Canada Disability Savings Bond (CDSB), the holder must complete and sign the application form and its annexes if applicable.
Application for the CDSG and/or CDSB (ESDC EMP 5608E)
Section 1: Information about the beneficiary
Provide the required information about the beneficiary of the Registered Disability Savings Plan (RDSP).
Section 2: Information about the holder
Complete this section only if the holder is not the beneficiary of the RDSP.
Note: for sections 1 and 2, names must be entered exactly as they appear at the Social Insurance Register.
Section 3: Declaration of refusal
Complete this section only if the holder does not wish to receive the CDSG or the CDSB for the beneficiary.
Section 4: Declaration and consent of the holder
The holder must read and sign this section for the application to be processed and to receive the CDSG and CDSB payments.
Section 5: Declaration and consent of the beneficiary
- The beneficiary must sign this section of the form by December 31 of the year they turn 18 years of age. For an existing plan, the issuer may use this section to obtain the beneficiary’s consent to use and share their personal information
- When there is doubt about an adult beneficiary’s contractual competency, a qualifying family member, legal representative or agency should sign this section on behalf of the beneficiary
- Starting the year the beneficiary turns 19, their own family income is used to establish the CDSG and CDSB entitlements
If applicable, complete and sign the required annexes and attach them to the application form.
Annex A: Joint Holder (ESDC EMP 5609E)
- A separate Annex A must be completed for each additional holder of the RDSP not identified on the application form
- For an existing plan, when the beneficiary reaches the age of majority, Annex A may also be used to add the beneficiary as a plan holder
Annex B: Primary Caregiver (ESDC EMP 5610E)
- A primary caregiver is the person eligible to receive the Canada child benefit (CCB) payment for the child as defined under the Income Tax Act. A PCG can be an individual or a public entity
- Complete this annex if the beneficiary was under the age of 18 at any time in the previous 10 years, and was eligible to receive the Disability Tax Credit (DTC) for any of those years; the beneficiary may be entitled to receive the CDSG and the CDSB from those previous years (carry forward)
- The personal information of the PCG is used to determine the family income level, as well as to validate the beneficiary’s residency status and DTC eligibility
- If there is more than one PCG, each will need to complete a separate Annex B
Note: electronic signatures are not accepted.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: