About the Canadian Benefit for Parents of Young Victims of Crime Program
The death or disappearance of a child is devastating and can leave parents unable to work. Parents or legal guardians who have taken time away from work and suffered a loss of income to cope with the death or disappearance of their child or children may be eligible for federal income support of $450 per week.
The benefit provides eligible parents with payments of $450 per week, paid every 2 weeks, for a maximum of 35 weeks over a period of 2 years (the Income Support Period). Recipients can decide to stop receiving the benefit at any time and restart receipt at a later date within the 2-year period.
Helpful guides for employers
- How to complete the record of employment (ROE) form
- Guide for the Supplemental Unemployment Benefit (SUB) program
- Supplement to the guide “How to complete the record of employment (ROE) form” for all school boards
- Report on Hirings Program User Guide – Form (Data Entry)
- Employer Guide — Automated Earnings Reporting System (AERS)
- Date modified: