Annual Canada Pension Plan Disability insert - February 2019

From: Employment and Social Development Canada

Alternate formats

Annual Canada Pension Plan Disability insert - February 2019 [PDF - 150 KB]

Request other formats online or call 1 800 O-Canada (1-800-622-6232). If you use a teletypewriter (TTY), call 1-800-926-9105. Large print, braille, audio cassette, audio CD, e-text diskette, e-text CD and DAISY are available on demand.

Important information about receiving Canada Pension Plan Disability (CPPD) benefits

As a CPPD recipient, you must inform Service Canada of any of the following changes to your information:

  • your work-related gross earnings exceed $5,500
  • you want to return to work or your return to work was unsuccessful
  • you complete an academic, training or rehabilitation program
  • your medical condition improves
  • your address, phone number or direct deposit information changes
  • a child enters or leaves your custody

When you turn 65

Your CPPD benefit automatically changes to a CPP retirement pension, which will likely be less than your disability benefit.

CPPD benefits are taxable

To have tax withheld from your CPPD benefit, complete and return Form ISP-3520, Request for Voluntary Federal Income Tax Deductions, to Service Canada.

Visit Disability benefits for information about programs, services and initiatives for persons with disabilities such as:

  • the Canada Disability Savings Grant and Bond
  • Child Disability Credits
  • Education funding for people with disabilities
  • Tax credits for people with disabilities

You can sign up for your My Service Canada Account, which is a convenient, secure and reliable way to access and update your information online. You can:

  • update your personal information
  • view your Statement of Contributions
  • view and print your own T4 or NR4 slips
  • request to stop receiving your tax slips by mail
  • sign up for direct deposit

Visit My Service Canada account to register or update your information today.

If you live outside Canada and need to update your information, call Service Canada’s International Operations Call Centre at 1-613-957-1954 (collect calls accepted).

For more information

  • visit Canada Pension Plan
  • call 1-800-277-9914 (toll-free in Canada or the United States) (TTY) 1-800-255-4786
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: