Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities
This grant is available to students with disabilities for each year of study. You can apply at the same time as you apply for student aid with your province or territory.
Note: This grant is not available to students from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec. They have their own student aid programs.
You could be eligible for this grant if you apply and:
- have a financial need
- are a student in a qualified program at a designated school
- are a student with a permanent disability; and
- include one of the following with your loan application as proof of your disability:
- a medical certificate
- a psycho-educational assessment; or
- documents that prove you have received federal or provincial permanent disability assistance
How much you could receive
Until the end of the 2022 to 2023 school year, you will receive $4,000 per year. You can get this grant for each year of your studies as long as you still qualify. The school year runs from August 1 to July 31.
The amount of the grant remains the same regardless of your assessed need. This could reduce or replace the need for a student loan.
Apply for student aid with your province or territory.
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: