Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities
Please read our latest notices:
If you require exceptional education-related services or equipment, you may be eligible to receive the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities.
The assistance provided under this grant is determined apart from your assessed need.
You are eligible if you:
- apply and qualify for full-time or part-time student financial assistance (have at least a $1 of assessed need)
- are in a full-time or part-time program at a designated post-secondary institution
- meet the definition for students with permanent disabilities:
“a functional limitation caused by a physical or mental impairment that restricts the ability of a person to perform the daily activities necessary to participate in studies at a post-secondary school level or the labour force; and is expected to remain with the person for the person’s expected life”
- include one of the following with your loan application as proof of your permanent disability (unless already provided for a Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities):
- a medical certificate
- a psycho-educational assessment, or
- documents that prove you have received federal or provincial permanent disability assistance
- provide written confirmation that you are in need of exceptional education-related services or equipment from a person qualified to determine such need; and
- provide written confirmation of the exact cost of the equipment and services
How much could you receive
You could receive up to $8,000 each school year (August 1 to July 31) for each year of studies (including undergraduate and graduate levels) as long as you still qualify.
To apply for the Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities and/or the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Students with Permanent Disabilities, please contact your province or territory’s student financial assistance office.
Note: A separate application form is required to apply for the Canada Student Grant for Students with Permanent Disabilities.
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: