Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment – Students with Disabilities
If you need education-related services or equipment, apply for the Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment – Students with Disabilities. You can apply at the same time as you apply for student aid with your province or territory.
You could be eligible for this grant if you apply and:
- have a financial need
- are a student in a qualified program at a designated school
- are a student with a disability recognized by the Canada Student Financial Assistance Program;
- provide with your application, a document(s) that shows that you have a disability;
- send written confirmation from a qualified person that you need education-related services or equipment; and
- send a document which confirms the related cost of equipment and services.
To confirm your education-related services or equipment, a qualified person can be a:
- rehabilitation caseworker;
- official from a centre for students with disabilities;
- guidance counselor; or
- financial aid administrator from the student’s school.
How much you could receive
You could receive up to $20,000 per school year. The school year runs from August 1 to July 31.
Apply for student aid with your province or territory.
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: