Canada Student Grant for Part-Time Students with Dependants
The Canada Student Grant for Part-Time Students with Dependants is available to low-income students with dependants while they are enrolled in a part-time program at a designated post-secondary institution.
Note: This Grant is not available to students from the Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Quebec as these provinces and territories operate their own student financial assistance programs.
You are eligible if:
- you are enrolled in a part-time degree, diploma, or certificate program (at least 12 weeks long within a period of 15 weeks in a row) at a designated post-secondary institution;
- you have a dependant who will be under 12 years of age at the start of the study period (or a dependant 12 years of age or older with a permanent disability);
- you apply and qualify for part-time student financial assistance;
- the province or territory where you have most recently lived for at least 12 months in a row assesses that you have enough financial need;
- you and your spouse or common-law partner have a low family income as defined by the Canada Student Loans Program.
Income to determine eligibility for a Canada Student Grant for Part-Time Students with Dependants
|7 or more||65,846||63,898||65,953||55,405||56,112||55,683||65,495||64,574||55,507||56,929||64,472||65,606||65,339|
How much could you receive
You can receive this grant for each year of your studies (including undergraduate and graduate levels) as long as you still qualify. This grant is in addition to any grant you receive under the Canada Student Grant for Part-Time Studies.
You could receive:
- a maximum of $40 per week of study if you have 1 or 2 dependants;
- a maximum of $60 per week of study if you have 3 or more dependants; or
- up to a maximum of $1,920 per school year.
Your eligibility for this Canada Student Grant is assessed automatically when you apply and qualify for student financial assistance through your province or territory of residence.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: