InfoCapsule: British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)
Disclaimer: RESP promoters
The information contained on this page is technical in nature and is intended for Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) and Canada Education Savings Program promoters. For general information, visit the RESP section.
16. British Columbia Training and Education Savings Grant (BCTESG)
Introduced by the Government of British Columbia and available since 2015, the BCTESG is a provincial education savings incentive designed to help families save for their children's post-secondary education. The incentive is paid under a designated provincial program administered by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) through an agreement with the Government of British Columbia.
The BCTESG is a one-time payment of $1,200.
- The RESP promoter must be authorized to offer the BCTESG
- The custodial parent (or legal guardian) and the beneficiary must be resident of British Columbia at the time of application
- The beneficiary must be born in 2006 or after
- The BCTESG is payable only into an individual RESP or into a family RESP in which all beneficiaries are siblings
|Birth year||First day to complete and sign the application form||Last day to complete and sign the application form|
|2009 (on August 15 or later)||The day the beneficiary turns 6||The day before the beneficiary turns 9|
|2006||August 15, 2016||August 14, 2019|
The last day to apply for beneficiaries born January 1, 2007 to August 14, 2009 was August 14, 2018.
- Date modified: