Work-Sharing Program statistics related to COVID-19 temporary special measures
Note: Latest data was extracted for the week ending November 15, 2020
Total applications received6,769
Total applications processed6,736
Total agreements approved3,791
Estimated dollar value of Work-Sharing agreements approved$1,376,917,481
Estimated number of layoffs averted through Work-Sharing agreements55,123
Estimated number of employees participating in Work-Sharing agreements117,592
Average processing time in business days14
- The data produced have been compiled since February 28, 2020.
- Work-Sharing agreements have a maximum duration of 76 weeks. All Work-Sharing agreements start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday.
- Estimated data may vary from week to week depending on a number of factors such as: amendments made to an agreement, agreement termination or withdrawal, etc.
- Agreements not approved includes agreements that have been withdrawn or closed due to an employer selecting an alternative COVID-19 measure.
- The estimated number of layoffs averted is calculated by taking into account the sum of the number of layoffs averted for each period. These data are selected from the period(s) with the highest levels throughout the duration of the agreement.
- The estimated number of employees participating in Work-Sharing is calculated by taking into account the sum of the number of employees participating for each period. These data are selected from the period(s) with the highest levels throughout the duration of the agreement.
- Processing times is calculated based on the date the application was received by Service Canada until a decision is rendered and is the average time for all applications processed by Service Canada. Employers are required to submit their applications a minimum of 10 business days prior to the requested start date of the agreement. Applications are prioritized by the requested start date. The average processing time is calculated based on business days, which excludes weekends and statutory holidays.
- Source of data: Common System for Grants and Contributions (CSGC) - Project Life Cycle Module. The data is extracted from CSGC, which is an operational database designed to support the management of Grants and Contributions and Work-Sharing within ESDC. It was not designed as a reporting tool and data input reflects the operational requirements and environment of the time.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: