Service Canada is a federal institution that is part of Employment and Social Development Canada.
Service Canada provides Canadians with a single point of access to a wide range of government services and benefits. We are committed to improving services for Canadians by working with partners to provide access to the full range of government services and benefits that Canadians want and need through the Internet, by telephone, in person or by mail.
Please read our latest notices:
- August 2019 – Data Breaches: How to protect your SIN
- June 2019 – Service Canada starts using email to reach Employment Insurance clients
- May 2019 – Hazardous weather: Important notice
- April 2019 – Fake text messages and calls claiming to be from Service Canada or 1 800 O-Canada
- June 2018 – Steel and aluminum tariffs
Services and information
View and update your EI, Canada Pension Plan, and Old Age Security information online.
Benefits, initiatives, related programs, services and how to apply.
Eligibility criteria and how to apply online.
CPP pensions and benefits when contributors retire, become disabled, or die.
Apply for a SIN, what to do in case of loss or theft of a SIN and information for employees and employers.
Taxable cash grant and how to apply.
File a claim for unpaid wages or other monies when your employer declares bankruptcy or is subject to a receivership.
Find out which Service Canada Centres are passport receiving agents and what services they offer.
Find federal, provincial and territorial programs and services in one convenient location.
Quarterly tax-free credit to offset some or all of the GST or HST paid by lower income Canadians.
Prevent, detect, deter – Protecting you and our programs and services.
A list of services offered by Service Canada.
What we are doing
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Contributors Tables
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) Maximum Monthly Rates of New Benefits
- Benefits Paid in Countries with which Canada has concluded a Social Security Agreement
- Monthly Seasonal Adjusted Unemployment Rates by EI Economic Region
Impairment and cannabis in the workplace
Find out about impairment and cannabis in the workplace, and learn how you can address any kind of impairment at work.
Dialogue with Duclos
Sign up to get the latest updates from Minister Duclos on ESDC's programs, policies and services.
Tax-sheltered education savings
Find out about the tax-sheltered savings account that can help you, your family, or friends save for a child's education after high school.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: