Consultation document on proposed revisions to Federal Halocarbon Regulations
Table of Contents
- 1. Background
- 2. Consultation Topics: Interpretation, Application and Prohibitions
- 3. Consultation Topics: Recovery and Halocarbon Inventory
- 4. Consultation Topics: Installation, Servicing, Leak Testing and Charging
- 5. Consultation Topics: Service Logs, Release Reports and Critical Systems
- 6. Consultation Topics: Permits and Logs, Notices, Records and Reports
- 7. Consultation Topics: Schedule 1 and Schedule 2
- 8. “One-for-One” Rule and Small Business Lens
- 9. Providing Input
- 10. Next Steps
- 11. Additional Information
- 12. Annex 1: List of Halocarbons
Environment Canada is in the initial stages of revising the Federal Halocarbon Regulations, 2003 (FHR 2003). The proposed revisions aim to continue minimizing releases of halocarbons to the environment while addressing various administrative and operational issues in a practical manner.
This Consultation Document was prepared to provide information to stakeholders and Aboriginal groups on the issues that have been encountered in implementing the FHR 2003. Proposed revisions to these Regulations were presented, including targeted questions where specific information and/or input are being sought.
Stakeholders and Aboriginal groups were encouraged to review this Consultation Document and provide input on the proposed revisions by March 31, 2013. All comments received are being reviewed and considered.
Four public consultation meetings and two webinars regarding the proposed revisions to the FHR 2003 were conducted in March 2013. A report on these consultations is available.
Proposed revisions identified through this process will be used by Environment Canada to put forward draft revised regulations. Furtheropportunities to provide input will be offered following the publication of the revised Regulations in the Canada Gazette, Part I.
Questions or comments regarding the proposed revisions to the FHR 2003 can be directed to:
Ozone Layer Protection and Export Controls Section
Chemical Production Division
351 St. Joseph Boulevard, 11th Floor
Gatineau, QC K1A 0H3
Fax: (819) 994-5030
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: