National Emissions Mark
(1) The national emissions mark is the mark set out in the Schedule.
(2) The national emissions mark shall be at least 7 mm in height and 10 mm in width.
(3) The national emissions mark shall be located:
- on or immediately next to the emission control information label referred to in paragraph 16(d); or
- if there is no such label, in a visible or readily accessible location.
(4) The national emissions mark shall be on a label that:
- is permanently applied;
- is resistant to or protected against any weather condition; and
- bears inscriptions that are legible and indelible and that are indented, embossed or in a colour that contrasts with the background of the label.
(5) A company that has been authorized to apply the national emissions mark shall display the identification number assigned by the Minister in figures that are at least 2 mm in height, immediately below or to the right of the national emissions mark.
A company may apply the national emissions mark to an engine that is manufactured before January 1, 2006, if:
- the engine conforms to the standards set out in these Regulations for engines of the 2006 model year; and
- the company meets the requirements of these Regulations in respect of that engine.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: