Implementation guidelines for Environmental Emergency Regulations
Table of Contents
- 1.0 Purpose of the Implementation Guidelines
- 2.0 Environmental Emergency Authorities under Part 8 of CEPA 1999
- 3.0 Benefits of E2 Planning
- 4.0 E2 Regulations - Am I Regulated?
- 5.0 E2 Plans
- 6.0 Notification of Environmental Emergencies
- 7.0 Access to Submitted Notices
- 8.0 Compliance and Enforcement
- 9.0 Summary of the Risk Evaluation Framework
- Appendix 1 - Suggested References for Environmental Emergencies Prevention, Preparedness and Response Measures and the Development of E2 Plans
- Appendix 2 - Notices of Identification of Substance and Place, of Implementation and Testing of E2 Plans, and of Closure and Decommissioning and Report on the Preparation of E2 Plans and Certification
- Appendix 3 - Schedule 1 of the Environmental Emergency Regulations
- Appendix 4 - Regional Contact Information
- Appendix 5 - Determination of Container Capacity and Substance Quantity
- Appendix 6 - Flow Chart for the Propane Exception
- Appendix 7 - Notification and Reporting of Environmental Emergencies Under Section 201 of CEPA 1999
- Appendix 8 - Checklist to Prepare an E2 Plan
- Appendix 9 - Summary of Risk Evaluation Framework Methodology for Determining Thresholds for Environmental Emergency Plans
Cat. No. En14-56/1-2011E
Cat. No. En14-56/1-2011E-PDF
PDF version - 1.17 MB
Information contained in this publication or product may be reproduced, in part or in whole, and by any means, for personal or public non-commercial purposes, without charge or further permission, unless otherwise specified.
You are asked to:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced, as well as the author organization; and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of an official work that is published by the Government of Canada and that the reproduction has not been produced in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Government of Canada.
Commercial reproduction and distribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada’s copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services of Canada (PWGSC). For more information, please contact PWGSC at 613-996-6886 or at email@example.com.
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, represented by the Minister of the Environment, 2011
Aussi disponible en français
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: