Latest ice conditions
The Canadian Ice Service's mission is to provide the most timely and accurate information about ice in Canada's navigable waters. We work to promote safe and efficient maritime operations and to help protect Canada's environment.
Latest Ice Conditions
For the latest ice conditions, click the appropriate regional area on the map.
This map combines the latest ice information available from Canadian Ice Service charts. This ice information is updated daily in areas of known marine activity. In remaining Canadian waters, ice information is updated weekly from the regional charts which are issued at the end of the day every Wednesday.
To access the latest detailed ice charts, select your region of interest above.
To learn more about our products and how to interpret them, take a look at our Ice Products Guide.
- Canadian Ice Service archive: overview
- Ice climatology
- Educational ice resources
- Oil pollution monitoring overview
- Ice products guide
- Ice science
- Marine ice links
- Ice links
- Ice glossary
- Canadian sea ice concentration map
- Canadian Ice Service links
- Contact Canadian Ice Service
- Ice concentration map: last 10 days
- Ice safety links
- High Arctic satellite image October 2016
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: