Air Pollutant Emissions Inventory: overview
Canada’s Air Pollutant Emission Inventory (APEI) is a comprehensive inventory of air pollutants at the national, provincial and territorial level. The APEI compiles emissions of 17 air pollutants contributing to smog, acid rain and poor air quality since 1990.
Learn more about Canada's air pollutant emissions:
- Canada’s Air Pollutant Emissions Inventory Report 2022: Find out about Canadian air pollutant emissions and trends.
- Air Pollutant Emission Inventory Data: Access emission data of key air pollutants
- The Black Carbon Emissions Inventory: tracks levels and trends of black carbon emissions in Canada.
- Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators: This indicator, which tracks the progress of the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy, reflects the latest air pollutant emissions information.
- National Pollutant Release Inventory: The National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) is a legally mandated, publically accessible inventory of facility-level pollutant release. NPRI data is used along with estimation tools and methodologies to develop the APEI.
- Canada also prepares emissions projections.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: