Dental amalgam waste (mercury): P2 notice overview
Published May 8, 2010, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare an implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, May 8, 2010; Vol. 144, No. 19, p. 1101)
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice targets dental facilities that have not implemented all of the best management practices set out in Appendix A of the Notice or in the Memorandum of Understanding Respecting the Implementation of the Canada-wide Standard on Mercury for Dental Amalgam Waste (document available upon request) between the Canadian Dental Association and Environment and Climate Change Canada for the voluntary implementation of the Canada-wide Standard on Mercury for Dental Amalgam Waste.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
You must prepare a P2 plan by August 14, 2010.
Implement a P2 plan
You must implement a P2 plan by November 13, 2010.
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- To report or for a Notification of non-engagement form, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instructions for completing the schedules
- Requests for time extension granted by Environment and Climate Change Canada
|Type of reports||Deadline|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||September 13, 2010|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||December 13, 2010|
P2 notice toolkit
- Proposed Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, April 18, 2009; Vol. 143, No. 16, p. 1053)
- Mercury and the environment website
- Management of toxic substances: Mercury
- Canada-wide Standard on Mercury for Dental Amalgam Waste
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this notice, please contact:
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: