Comment on proposed notice: pollution prevention planning for triclosan in certain products
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from November 24, 2018, to January 23, 2019.
The Government of Canada has established that triclosan is toxic to the environment.
The objective of the notice is to reduce the presence of triclosan in Canadian waterways.
Join in: how to participate
You are invited to participate in the consultation process to develop a pollution prevention planning notice for triclosan.
Participate by email
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas or comments to make yourself heard.
Participate by mail
Send a letter with your ideas and input to the address in the contact information below.
Who is the focus of this consultation
The Government of Canada is seeking comments from:
- companies who manufacture and/or import cosmetics, natural health products or drugs
- non-governmental organizations
- indigenous groups
- general public
- other interested persons
Key documents for discussion
Read the proposed notice and its schedules. Your input will be taken into consideration when we finalize the notice.
- Proposed notice requiring the preparation and implementation of pollution prevention plans with respect to triclosan in certain products
Read the response to comments received on the triclosan consultation document.
- Pollution prevention planning in the Canadian Environmental Protection Act
- Chemicals Management Plan actions on triclosan
Environment and Climate Change Canada
Place Vincent Massey
351 St-Joseph Boulevard
Gatineau QC K1A 0H3
Fax: 819-938-4480 or 1-888-391-3695
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: