Bulletins clarify the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s (FCAC) position on different issues relating to compliance, including on the proper application or interpretation of the legislation, regulations, codes of conduct or guidelines. Bulletins are not generally issued to address entity specific circumstances and facts. Regulated entities are expected to consider the relevance of bulletins to their own particular circumstances and to take action as appropriate.
The new Financial Consumer Protection Framework (FCPF) in the Bank Act and the Financial Consumer Protection Framework Regulations (collectively: “FCPF Requirements”) come into force on June 30, 2022. The FCPF Requirements apply to banks, authorized foreign banks and federal credit unions. Certain bulletins will be reviewed, including for purposes of reflecting the FCPF Requirements, and will be reissued in due course as is appropriate. Starting June 30, 2022, the affected bulletins are to be read by banks, authorized foreign banks and federal credit unions in conjunction with, and subject to, the FCPF Requirements. If there is any inconsistency between the FCPF Requirements and the below bulletins relating to banks, authorized foreign banks and federal credit unions and their conduct post June 30, 2022, the FCPF Requirements prevail.
- B-1 Application of the credit and debit card code to online debit transactions
Posted on: May 2011
- B-2 Debit card representation in mobile wallets and devices – Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-3 Magnetic secure transmission (MST) – Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-4 Contactless payments – Element 10 of the Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-5 Consent for new products or services
- B-6 Investigations of unauthorized credit and debit card transactions
- B-7 Role of payment card network operators in ensuring participant compliance with the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada
- B-8 Simultaneous provisioning and removal in mobile wallets of co-badged debit cards
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: