The Compliance Bulletins describe how the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s (FCAC) Supervision and Promotion Branch views the broad requirements of the market conduct obligations — legislation, regulations, codes of conduct or public commitments — that guide regulated entities.
These positions are general in nature and are meant for the information and guidance of regulated entities. They are not binding interpretations. Readers should refer to the relevant provisions of the market conduct obligation when considering the relevance of the compliance information provided. FCAC may make determinations based on the facts of particular matters.
The Compliance Bulletins are not generally based on specific circumstances pertaining to a particular consumer issue. Regulated entities are expected to consider the relevance of these bulletins to their own particular circumstances and to take appropriate action, if needed.
The Compliance Bulletins are evergreen documents and may require revision from time to time.
Choose a Compliance Bulletin for more detail
- B-1 Application of the credit and debit card code to online debit transactions
Posted on: May 2011
- B-2 Debit card representation in mobile wallets and devices – Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-3 Magnetic secure transmission (MST) – Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-4 Contactless payments – Element 10 of the Credit and Debit Card Code
- B-5 Consent for new products or services
- B-6 Investigations of unauthorized credit and debit card transactions
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: