On the Health Canada Web site, each navigation section (listed on the left-hand side of the screen) has its own Contact Us page. To find contact information for topics other than Healthy Living, visit the Main Contact Us page.
Choose any of these topics for contact information:
Controlled Substances and Precursor Chemicals
- Contact the Office of Controlled Substances for information on legislation, policy, activities, and the operations with regards to controlled substances and precursor chemicals.
- Contact the Drug Analysis Service (DAS) for information on the analysis of suspected illegal drugs that are seized by Canadian police forces (RCMP, provincial, regional and municipal) and Canada Customs.
- Contact the appropriate DAS Contact Personnel for Police Forces for information on seized drug exhibit submissions.
Diseases and Conditions
- If you have specific questions about avian influenza, please call our Hotline at 1-800-454-8302 or contact the Public Health Agency of Canada by e-mail.
- For more information on cancer, please contact the Centre for Chronic Disease Prevention and Control - Cancer of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- For more information on diabetes, contact the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- For information related to the Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative, contact the Inter-Professional Advisory and Program Support Directorate (IAPSD) or the Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative Regional Program Contacts.
Heart and Stroke
- Contact the HIV/AIDS Policy, Coordination and Programs Division of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- For information on influenza as well as avian influenza, contact the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- For more information on flu and flu shot clinics in your area, visit the provincial/territorial links below or contact your local or provincial / territorial health authority:
- For more information on mental health, contact the Mental Health Promotion Unit of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- For more information on SARS or to obtain latest travel health advisories, contact the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI)
- For more information and resources on sexual health or STI, contact the Sexual Health and Sexually Transmitted Infections Section of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Consult also the list of Provincial and Territorial STI/HIV/AIDS Helpline Telephone Numbers.
West Nile Virus
- Further information on West Nile virus is available by calling the National West Nile Virus Info-Line at 1-800-816-7292 (toll-free in Canada).
- Consult also the West Nile Virus Web site for pamphlets, FAQs and surveillance data.
Emergencies and Disasters
Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada
- Contact Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness Canada who have overall Government of Canada leadership on risks to personal safety from crime or naturally occurring events such as severe blizzards, floods or forest fires, to threats to national security from terrorist activity
Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Contact Health Canada 's Nuclear Emergency Preparedness and Response Division , for issues related to nuclear or radiological emergencies under the Federal Nuclear Emergency Plan.
Chemical Emergency Response
- Contact the Chemical Emergency Response Unit at Health Canada for scientific expertise and support in the event of chemical emergencies.
Foodborne Illness Outbreak Response
- Contact Health Canada's Food Directorate for issues related to the Foodborne Illness Outbreak Response Protocol.
All Other Public Health Emergencies
- The Public Health Agency of Canada is the lead organization for coordinating the health response for all other health-related emergencies.
- Don't see the topic of your inquiry listed here? Contact Health Canada general inquiries and your message will be directed to the appropriate area.
Violence and Abuse
- For more information and resources about family violence, contact the National Clearinghouse on Family Violence of the Public Health Agency of Canada.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: