Industry guide: Importing, exporting or transhipping consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes - Summary
From: Health Canada
This guide provides general information to any person - an individual or an organization - that is involved in the import, export or transhipment of consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes.
It describes Health Canada's position about this subject within the context of the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act and the Food and Drugs Act and it may help you to understand your responsibilities with respect to products you move into and out of Canada for commercial purposes.
Who this guide is for
- Importers, exporters and transhippers of consumer products and cosmetics for commercial purposes
- Other regulated parties who are affected by the regulations
In this guide
- 4. What is importing or exporting for commercial purposes?
- 5. Import into Canada: Importing requirements of consumer products or cosmetics into Canada for commercial purposes
- 6. Export from Canada: Exporting consumer products or cosmetics from Canada for commercial purposes
- 7. Tranship through Canada: Transhipping consumer products or cosmetics through Canada
- 8. Guiding principles
- 9. Roles and responsibilities
- 10. Contact us
- Appendix A – Glossary
- Appendix B – Consumer products with specific regulatory requirements and their associated guides
- Appendix C – References
Details and history
Published: September 11, 2019
Updated: September 11, 2019
For further information contact the Health Canada Consumer Product Safety Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone at 1-866-662-0666 (toll-free within Canada and the United States).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: