New e-learning course on understanding how medical devices are regulated in Canada
MDCP Bulletin, October 28, 2022, from the Medical Devices Compliance Program
On this page
The Medical Devices Compliance Program has been hard at work improving our communications and education activities to help stakeholders meet regulatory requirements. As such, we have developed a new e-learning course.
About the course
Industry must follow regulatory rules, which are designed to provide people in Canada with safe health products.
Our new e-learning course provides:
- explanations of post-market regulatory requirements for medical devices in Canada
- the information necessary for stakeholders to fulfill their regulatory responsibilities
The course is an interactive learning tool. It covers key topics such as:
- the medical device establishment licensing process
- medical device inspections
- compliance and enforcement activities
- licence holder responsibilities, including
- complaint handling
- incident reporting
- reporting medical device shortages
This course will benefit:
- medical device manufacturers, importers and distributors
- consultants, health care facilities and students
How to access the course
This course is open to anyone. You can access the course through the Government of Canada’s myLearning platform free of charge. Follow the instructions to create an account which will grant you access to the course.
For questions about this course, contact the Medical Devices Compliance Program by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: