COVID-19 Testing and Screening Expert Advisory Panel: Overview
As part of the federal government's continued commitment to engaging science and policy experts, the Minister of Health established a Testing and Screening Expert Advisory Panel.
The Panel provided evidence-informed advice to the federal government on science and policy related to innovative approaches to testing.
Such innovative approaches included:
- emerging technologies
- different uses of testing
- how technologies could be effectively combined
- the parameters of planned innovation challenges
- sensitivities and specificities that could be tolerated in different settings
- testing strategies in specific settings, such as the border and workplaces
The Panel took a 'big picture' look at diagnostic technology, including use cases, public health and international and Canadian technologies.
The Panel did not advise on or influence regulatory matters.
The Panel provided its advice directly to the Minister of Health.
The Panel is no longer active, and the Government of Canada thanks its members for their contributions.
- Date modified: