COVID-19 Testing and Screening Expert Advisory Panel: Overview
As part of the federal government’s continued commitment to engaging science and policy experts, the Minister of Health has established a Testing and Screening Expert Advisory Panel.
The Panel provides evidence-informed advice to the federal government on science and policy related to innovative approaches to testing.
Such innovative approaches may include:
- emerging technologies
- different uses of testing
- how technologies could be effectively combined
- the parameters of planned innovation challenges
- sensitivities and specificities that could be tolerated in different settings
- testing strategies in specific settings, such as the border and workplaces
The Panel will take a ‘big picture’ look at diagnostic technology, including use cases, public health and, international and Canadian technologies.
The Panel will not advise on or influence regulatory matters.
The Panel will provide its advice directly to the Minister of Health.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: