ARCHIVED - Stakeholder Meeting - Project to Review Toxicological and Health Aspects of Bisphenol A - November 1, 2010 in Ottawa, Canada
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nation (FAO) and the World Health Organization (WHO) are seeking the views of stakeholders and interested parties on the current project to review toxicological and health aspects of Bisphenol A.
FAO/WHO will hold a Public Session on 1 November 2010 at the Westin Hotel, Ottawa, Canada. The purpose of this meeting is to provide an opportunity for stakeholders and interested parties to present their views on specific questions to be addressed in this project. The discussions in the public session will be considered in the expert meeting that will be held throughout the days following the public session, as well as in future activities.
The main topics to be addressed in the Stakeholder Meeting can be summarized as follows:
- General chemistry of BPA and analytical methods for detection in food
- Occurrence of BPA in the diet, including studies on migration of BPA from food contact material
- Metabolism and toxicokinetic studies of BPA
- Toxicity of BPA based on animal studies, including studies performed according to OECD guideline as well as research studies with other study designs
- Mechanisms of action
- Epidemiological studies
- Exposure assessments of BPA from dietary sources
- Human health risk assessments of BPA, including consideration of sensitive sub-populations and sensitive life-stages
- Alternatives/replacements currently used, or proposed for use, and their potential risks to human health
Participants of the stakeholder meeting will have the opportunity to give a 10 minute presentation (computer equipment, e.g. PowerPoint, will be available).
It is recommended that each interest group be represented by only one participant. Only one participant from each interest group can present in order to allow all interested parties to present their views. Should there be too many interested speakers, FAO and WHO will reserve the right to combine interested parties so they can designate one speaker.
Submission of written comments before the session is encouraged as this will allow distribution of the comments to all workshop participants.
Persons or organizations interested in attending this stakeholder meeting should submit a request to email@example.com (Subject Line: BPA Stakeholder Meeting) as soon as possible, but not later than October 10, 2010. Please be advised that due to organizational and security reasons, admittance to this stakeholder meeting will be limited to those who received an INVITATION ONLY.
In order to encourage open discussion, media are not being invited to attend either the stakeholder or expert advisory meetings. Further details will be provided closer to the date of the meetings.
Unfortunately, FAO and WHO are unable to meet any costs involved in attending this stakeholder meeting.
For more information on this meeting, please visit the World Health Organization web site.
- Conclusions from the World Health Organization (WHO) Project to Review Toxicological and Health Aspects of Bisphenol A
- The World Health Organization (WHO) Expert Meeting to Review Toxicological and Health Aspects of Bisphenol A - Meeting Objectives and Expected Outcomes - November 2-5, 2010 in Ottawa, Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: