Food Virology Reference Centre
Bureau of Microbial Hazards, Health Canada
Research Scientist: Dr. Neda Nasheri
Research Technical Support: Jennifer Harlow
The Food Virology Reference Centre has the capacity to support testing of clinical, environmental or food samples for the presence and characterization of foodborne viruses, by conventional, molecular and genomic approaches.
- Testing food samples for the presence of viruses, upon request.
- Genotype analysis of viruses isolated from outbreak samples to examine potential links between contaminated food products and illness.
- Validation and publication of methods for the extraction and detection of viruses from food products.
- Providing scientific advice regarding extraction and detection of viruses, upon request.
- Co-ordination of proficiency panels for standardization of viral detection methods.
- Assist in source attribution investigations during foodborne viral outbreaks.
Other Related Links
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: