Service standard for new study permit applications submitted outside Canada
IRCC’s goal is to process applications submitted outside Canada for a new study permit within 2 months. In order to process an application, we must have all information and supporting documents.
This service standard was implemented in September 2011.
IRCC aims to meet the service standard 80 percent of the time.
From April 2017 to March 2018, IRCC met the service standard 92% of the time.
Applying outside Canada for a Study Permit
Find out about eligibility and how to get a study permit.
Find out about application processing times.
Need help? Find answers to your questions in the Help Centre.
Have feedback? Send your comments, compliments and complaints to our feedback form.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- Federal Regulatory Management
- Treasury Board Policy on Service
- The Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: