Authorized Paid Representatives Portal
This portal allows authorized paid representatives (APR) to complete, pay for, and submit online applications on behalf of their clients.
Read these guides to find out:
- How to create an account (Enrolment Guide) November 2016
- How to use the APR Portal (User Guide) June 2019
Temporary residence applications in Canada
If you can access the APR Portal, you must apply online on behalf of your clients. If you can’t access the APR Portal, you can submit a paper application in some cases.
Applications related to the Russian invasion of Ukraine
On form IMM 5257 (PDF, 575 KB), in the “Purpose of my visit” field, choose “Other” and enter “Ukraine 2022.”
Visitor visa and open work permit
If applying for a visitor visa and an open work permit at the same time, only 1 application is needed to apply for both.
- Apply for a visitor visa using form IMM 5257 (PDF, 575 KB).
- In the “Purpose of my visit” field, choose “Other” and enter “Ukraine 2022 OWP.”
Using the above code will create an application for both the visitor visa and the open work permit.
Open work permit (inside Canada)/Open work permit extension (inside Canada)
On form IMM 5710 (PDF, 598 KB)
- enter “Ukraine 2022 OWP” under “Job title”
- enter “Ukraine 2022 public policy—open work permit” under “Brief description of duties”
Study permit (inside Canada)/Study permit extension (inside Canada)
On form IMM 5709 (PDF, 602 KB), in the “My expenses in Canada will be paid by” field, choose “other” and enter “Ukraine 2022.”
Extension of temporary resident status (inside Canada)
On form IMM 5708 (PDF, 592 KB), in the “Purpose of my visit” field, choose “Other” and enter “Ukraine 2022.”
Temporary resident permit (inside Canada)
You can’t apply for a temporary resident permit online. You must submit your client’s application by mail.
- Write “URGENT: Ukraine” on the envelope and on the first page of the application.
- On form IMM 5708 (PDF, 592 KB), in the “Purpose of my visit” field, choose “Other” and enter “Ukraine 2022.”
Updates and issues
If you are having issues logging into your account, you can troubleshoot using these solutions.
Always log in to your account through the APR Portal page and not MyAccount, which is for applicants.
Please note that users are occasionally redirected to the IRCC homepage when the transaction between GCKey and the APR Portal loads too slowly. If you are on the correct APR Portal login page and you are being redirected to the IRCC homepage, please clear your browser history, cache and cookies and try again. If you have cleared your browser history, cache and cookies and still cannot access your APR Portal account, try logging in using a different browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, etc.).
If you have been locked out of your APR Portal account and cannot log in, please forward a screenshot of the issue, along with an explanation of the problem, to the Immigration Representatives Mailbox. The URL, date and time must be visible in the screenshot.
Forgot your username or password? You can reset your login details through the APR Portal.
To change your password, go to the sign-in page for GCKey through the APR Portal page and click “Forgot your password?” If you have lost your GCKey username, you will have to create a new GCKey. Click here for more information.
Create an account or sign in
Sign in using one of the credentials below. Through Sign-in Partner or GCKey, you will be automatically directed to your account.
Not sure how to sign in? Learn more about using Sign-In Partner and GCKey to access the APR portal.
Do not submit an online application if you or your client have already submitted a paper application. Duplicate applications will cause delays.
Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
- Use the same sign in information you use for other online services (for example, online banking)
- None of your information will be shared with IRCC. Your Sign-In Partner will not know which government service you are using.
- You will temporarily leave Canada.ca to use your Sign-In Partner
View the full list of Sign-In Partners
- Affinity Credit Union
- Alberta Treasury Branches
- BMO Financial Group
- CIBC Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Desjardins Group
- National Bank of Canada
- RBC Royal Bank
- TD Bank Group
- Sign in with a GCKey user ID and password if you do not use one of the Sign-In Partners
- Register for a GCKey user ID and password if you do not have one.
Warning: Do not use the same GC key to access other portals, such as the Employer Portal. If you use the same GC key for other portals, you will jeopardize your account(s).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: