Putting an application into process (Interim Pathway for Caregivers)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Following a positive completeness check, the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton (CPC-E) does all of the following:
- creates a file in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)
- enters “CG” in the “Category” field in GCMS
- enters the special program code “PPC” in GCMS
- cost-recovers the applicable processing fees and enters confirmation in GCMS
- records the GCMS file number on the paper file
- sends an acknowledgment of receipt to the applicant informing them that their file has been placed into processing
The “application received” date at the CPC-E is the lock-in date. Processing offices should therefore not change the “application received” date entered by the CPC-E at file creation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: