Putting an application into process (Interim Pathway for Caregivers)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Following a positive completeness check, the Case Processing Centre in Edmonton (CPC-E) does all of the following:
- creates a file in the Global Case Management System (GCMS)
- enters “CG” in the “Category” field in GCMS
- enters the special program code “PPC” in GCMS
- cost-recovers the applicable processing fees and enters confirmation in GCMS
- records the GCMS file number on the paper file
- sends an acknowledgment of receipt to the applicant informing them that their file has been placed into processing
The “application received” date at the CPC-E is the lock-in date. Processing offices should therefore not change the “application received” date entered by the CPC-E at file creation.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: