Permanent resident program: Non-economic classes
Special measures are currently in effect due to the disruption of services associated with impacts of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). See further instructions:
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
This section provides instructions for processing permanent residence applications submitted under family-related and humanitarian classes, for which applicants are selected on the basis of family-reunification, social and humanitarian objectives.
- Humanitarian and compassionate consideration
- Permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents
- Protected persons
- Protected temporary residents class
- Temporary public policy to further facilitate access to permanent resident status for out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area
- Pathway to permanent residence: In-Canada families of Canadian victims of recent air disasters
- Health care workers permanent residence pathway: COVID-19 program delivery
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: