Resettlement from overseas
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
There is an important link between the efforts of visa offices in delivering the refugee program abroad and the work and contributions of in-Canada partners such as NHQ, the Case Processing Office in Winnipeg, local IRCCs, private sponsors and service-providing organizations.
- Post-interview processing and final decisions
- Destining and travel arrangements
- Sponsorship residency requirements
- Communicating with applicants and sponsors
- One-Year Window
- Urgent protection program
- Expedited processing and vulnerable cases
- Adding a dependant to a Private Sponsorship of Refugees application
- Family members (including de facto dependents and separated family members)
Learn about working with the UNHCR, including how to handle visits, information-sharing guidelines, and more.
As Quebec selects its own immigrants, cases destined (or may be destined) to Quebec are processed differently.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: