Foreign workers: Provincial nominees or permanent residence applicants
All in-Canada visitor extension, study permit and work permit applications must be submitted electronically, with some exceptions. See the list of programs that are exempt from the in-Canada mandatory electronic application requirement.
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Applicants for permanent residence to Canada may also be able to apply for work permits while they are waiting for their permanent residence application assessment to be finalized.
Provincial nominees or permanent residence applicants
- Live-in caregivers (PDF, 302.02KB)
- Bridging work permits for permanent residence applicants
- Work permits for provincial nominees
- Start-up Business Class permanent resident visa applicants
- LMIA-exempt work permit renewals and extensions for certain CSQ holders currently in Quebec
- Applicants in Canada (R207)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: