Medical requirements pages
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
June 19, 2013
The information that was contained in the following manual chapters and OBs can now be found in the modernized Medical Requirements section on Connexion.
As a result, the following manual chapters are no longer available in their previous format:
- OP 15: Medical Procedures
- IR3: Medical
The following Operational Bulletins have been incorporated into the content in the Medical Requirements Program pages which replace the chapters above:
- OB 423 – May 24, 2012
Reassessment of a medical file for the issuance of a new medical certificate
- OB 419 – May 17, 2012
Designated Medical Practitioner changed to Panel Physician
- OB 276 – February 22, 2011
Updated Medical Surveillance Handout
- OB 063-B – July 29, 2009
Assessing Excessive Demand on Social Services
This section has also been updated to reflect the following changes:
- Medical records for permanent residence applicants who have been residing in Canada continuously for at least the past two years can be reassessed by Health Branch for the issuance of a new medical certificate.
- Guidance on medical refusals and inadmissibility has been expanded to include additional guidance on danger to public health and public safety.
- Guidance on e-medical has been added to the Immigration Medical Exam pages.
- Resources previously found elsewhere on the intranet, such as reference to court cases, are now included in the program pages.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: