Program delivery update – September 16, 2015
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to the instructions related to the Oath of Citizenship as a result of a decision by the Federal Court of Appeal
As a result of the recent decision of the Federal Court of Appeal (Minister of Citizenship and Immigration v. Ishaq), changes are being made to the instructions related to the Oath of Citizenship. As a temporary measure, a notice has been added to the relevant pages to indicate that some instructions concerning being seen taking the Oath of Citizenship during a public ceremony are no longer current and will be updated shortly.
- Oath of Citizenship
- Citizenship ceremony opening
- Religious and cultural considerations during citizenship ceremonies
- Venue and setup of citizenship ceremonies
- Bilingual text for the clerk of the ceremony
- Presentation of certificates at citizenship ceremonies
- Working with volunteer presiding officials
- Citizenship grants: Applicants 55 years of age or older – Applications received before June 11, 2015
- Citizenship grants: Applicants 65 years of age or older – Applications received on or after June 11, 2015
- Using interpreters in the citizenship application process
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: