Program delivery update – November 21, 2016
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to processing instructions for applications submitted under Express Entry
Due to various amendments to the Ministerial Instructions and Regulations as part of the Express Entry reform, the following updates to the processing instructions have been made, along with some minor corrections to content:
- The job offer duration requirement has changed from indeterminate to at least one year.
- The requirement for clients to respond to an Invitation to Apply (ITA) by submitting an application for permanent residence has changed from 60 to 90 days before the client’s ITA expires.
- The requirements for arranged employment have been updated to reflect that some job offers will be Labour Market Impact Assessment exempt if they meet the new criteria.
- The generic document checklist has ceased to be in use as of the launch of Express Entry on January 1, 2015.
- Proof of funds has been moved to the Mandatory documents (only if applicable) section, since proof of funds has never been mandatory for Canadian experience class applicants.
- Information on documentation attesting to a civil status of legally separated has been included.
- Wording on the Express Entry Provincial Nominee Program has been corrected to ensure consistency in guidance.
- Wording on federal skilled worker adaptability has been corrected to reflect the current version of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations since the May 2013 amendment.
- The requirements regarding translated documents, police certificates and medical assessments in the submission of a complete application for Express Entry have been clarified.
- Express Entry: Invitation to Appl
- Intake: Applications received on or after January 1, 2015, for permanent resident programs subject to Express Entry
- Applications received on or after January 1, 2016, for permanent residence programs subject to the Express Entry completeness check
- Federal skilled workers selection criteria: Arranged employment – Awarding points for applications received on or after May 4, 2013
- Federal skilled trades class: Assessing the application against selection criteria
- Express Entry: Overview
- Express Entry: Comprehensive Ranking System
- Express Entry: Creating an Express Entry profile and requirements for entering the pool
- Express Entry: Assessing an electronic application on section A11.2
- Express Entry: Express Entry via the Provincial Nominee Program
- Federal skilled workers selection criteria: Adaptability
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: