Program delivery update – May 12, 2017
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada staff. It is posted on the Department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to the instructions related to the International Experience Canada Program and medical requirements
Updated program delivery instructions (PDIs) on International Experience Canada (IEC) and medical requirements are now available.
- The page titled Canadian interests – Reciprocal employment – International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21) was divided into three pages: Overview, Participation eligibility requirements and Processing applications.
- The PDIs on exemption code C21 have been completely revised to add clarity on assessing eligibility requirements and processing IEC work permit applications.
- Under the Special program codes section, the case type code for the Working Holiday category has been corrected. The correct case type is 58, not 20.
- The PDIs on bilateral agreements have been updated to correct the frequency of participation for France.
- The PDIs on IEC-recognized organizations have been updated to remove
- Thailand as a partner country for those recognized organizations with a quota under the Working Holiday category; and
- Finland and Malaysia for Go International under the Working Holiday category.
- The PDIs on who must submit to a medical examination have been updated to include guidance and best practices when assessing medical requirements for IEC applicants.
- International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21)
- International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21) – Overview
- International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21) – Participation eligibility requirements
- International Experience Canada [R205(b)] (exemption code C21) – Processing procedures
- Bilateral agreements and arrangements
- Recognized organizations for foreign youth
- Who must submit to a medical examination
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: