Program delivery update – August 31, 2017
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Update to program delivery instructions to reflect Bill C-6 amendment to the Citizenship Act
Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act, which received Royal Assent on June 19, 2017, immediately brought into force an amendment that removed the age requirement for a grant of citizenship under subsection 5(1) of the Citizenship Act. This amendment, in effect, allows applicants under 18 years of age to qualify for a grant of citizenship under subsection 5(1).
The program delivery instructions noted below have been updated to reflect this amendment that came into force upon Royal Assent.
- Minor applying under subsection 5(1)
- Minors applying under subsection 5(2)
- Granting citizenship: Overview
- Citizenship grants: Applicants 18 years of age or older (adults)
- Ministerial discretion to waive some of the requirements for a grant of citizenship on compassionate grounds
- Referring applications to a citizenship judge
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: