Program delivery update: New biometrics expansion requirements
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
July 30, 2018
The biometrics program delivery instructions contain information regarding the basics of biometrics, as well as special considerations. They have been updated to reflect the new biometrics expansion requirements, effective globally at 12:01 local time July 31, 2018, as well as procedures officers should follow when processing applications.
- What biometrics are collected and who must provide biometrics
- Biometrics exemptions
- Where and when biometrics are collected
- Biometric validity periods
- Step-by-step collection procedures
- Conditions that interfere with biometrics collection
- Applicants requiring special assistance
- Processing poor quality fingerprints
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: