Program delivery update: Programs exempt from the in-Canada mandatory electronic application (e-application) requirement for temporary residents
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
December 31, 2021
The instructions have been updated.
Additional clarifications have been made to the list of work permit applicants who are exempt from the mandatory online application requirement.
The following work permit applicants can submit their application online and therefore are no longer part of the list of exemptions:
- Live-in caregivers who have submitted an application for permanent residence (A71)
- Start-up visa work permit applicants (A75)
- Non-Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) Guatemalan workers
Updates related to visitors
The following group of applicants has been added to the list of exemptions:
- Applicants using one of the following travel documents from a visa-exempt country:
- alien’s passport for stateless persons
- other refugee travel document for non-citizens
- Date modified: