Program delivery update: Updates to work permit instructions due to NOC 2021 implementation (Phase 1)
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
December 06, 2022
The instructions have been updated to change the 4-digit National Occupational Classification (NOC) code to the 5-digit code used in the 2021 version of the NOC.
One instruction page has been deleted because the related public policy expired in March 2022.
- Bridging open work permits for certain economic class permanent residence applicants [R205(a) - A75] – International Mobility Program
- Caribbean Agricultural Liaison Officers [R205(a) – C10] – Canadian interests – International Mobility Program
- Foreign freelance horse jockeys [R205(a) – C11] – Unique work situations – International Mobility Program (IMP)
- Humanitarian reasons [R208 – H81 and H82] – International Mobility Program
- International Mobility Program: Unique work situations – Fishing guides
- International Mobility Program: Unique work situations – Rail grinder operators, rail welders or other specialized track maintenance workers
- Applicants with no other means of support [R206 – S61 and S62] – International Mobility Program
- Open work permits for applicants under the Interim Pathway for Caregivers
- Open work permits for vulnerable workers [R207.1 – A72] – International Mobility Program
- Public policy: Open work permits for applicants under the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
- Work related to a research, educational or training program – exemption codes C31, C32 and C33 (International Mobility Program)
- Residential summer camp counsellors [R205(b) – C20] – Canadian interests - International Mobility Program
- United States government personnel: International agreement (LMIA exemption code T11) – International Mobility Program
- Temporary resident permit (TRP) for victims of family violence
- Temporary public policy: Graphic designers working on live-action television or film in Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: